kastiel01The site where the manor-house is built, was purchased at the beginning of the 20th century by Prussian junker earl Ballestrem from the former owner Arnold Popper. The new owner had the manor house built in 1910 - 1913 on his plot as a hunting lodge and established a forest park with area over 3 ha next to the house. The whole area was fenced. The building has two wings, two floors, it is centrally symmetric, oriented east to west lengthwise.

It has a saddle roof. Wooden stairs led from the terrace to the park. In 1918 the manor-house and the park were taken over by “Akciová spoločnosť pre zužitkovanie dreva”, a joint stock company utilising wood, with its headquarters in Vienna. Only verderers lived in the manor-house in this time. Under the next director, Mr. Oeser (1938-1939) a house for coachmen with a carriage house and stables for breeding superior horses was built. A forest administration building was built before World War I opposite the park. Ing. Rudolf Cisárik lived there and administered the estate between 1933-1951. Under his administration, a game preserve with area of approx. 20 ha was built. Then, the estate was bought by Zelehos, a joint stock company. A water duct from Kučákov forest was installed in the manor-house and a small fountain was built in front. Near the park, a water mill was built on Oščadnický brook. Hop fields of the Čadca brewery stretch town-wards. Logs from Tichá valley were transported by the brook and processed to charcoal in the place where it meets Kysuca River. A road led through the park, but after heavy rain it vanished and became a marsh. The park was separated from the road by a robust poplar parkway that stretched as far as Čadca town. It was cut down at the end of the First Czechoslovak Republic. A tree nursery growing poplars and willows was situated on a wet meadow south-west from the park. Ing. Petrovský was mentioned as the manor-house owner until 1947 and later was allegedly a consul to Bolivia. He established a private art gallery in the manor-house. Land near the estate was owned by Mlynová účastinná spoločnosť, a mill joint stock company with its director Mr. Zuckermann. After nationalisation, the forests were taken over from Zelehos by the state and later, the manor-house was administered by Drevina, n.p. Turany. All the buildings were remade into flats. At the beginning of the 60’s an campsite with a concrete dancing stage was built in the lower area of the park. From 1976 the manor-house was owned by Kysucká Gallery in Čadca. The forest park of Kysucká Gallery in Oščadnica is used for various cultural and social events.

Opening hours:
Tue – Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (last admission at 3:30 p.m.), Sun: 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (last admission at 3:30 p.m.)

Access: The Manor-house lies 100 meters left to the roundabout at the beginning of village Oščadnica.

 

Contact:

Kysucká galéria v Oščadnici, 023 01 Oščadnica 13, tel. +421 (0)414332166, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., www.kysuckagaleria.sk

 

Photos: