Select your language

youtube2

foto kulturne

kaplnka u holesov zakopcie 001

The Chapel of the Divine Savior located in the settlement U Holešov was built in 1925 by local settlers. The chapel stands isolated in the wild, on a gentle slope under the forest.

The single nave slender chapel is topped by a tower with a bell. The chapel windows are decorated by beautiful coloured stained-glass windows with inscriptions in different languages and dialects. The chapel area is enclosed and divided from the road by a metal fence and by a stone wall. There are fourteen Stations of the Cross around the perimeter. The Stations of the Cross, all of them built of stone, protected by tin roofs and containing sculptural scenes of halting, are spread out in front and on the sides.

The first stop starts on the right of the entrance to the chapel and the other seven stops continue to the right. All of them are on the other side with the last one placed at the entrance gate. A wooden cross with the Crucified Jesus is erected in front of the entrance to the chapel. At the occasion of the consecration anniversary of the parish church in Zákopčie (August 16, 1801), a parish day is held annually at the Chapel, connected with a procession from the parish church to the Chapel.

 

Implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Tourism and Sport of the Slovak Republic.

logo ministerstvo cr

webdesign CB Media, s.r.o.