Select your language

youtube2

foto chotare

Kaplnka Panny Marie Frydeckej Ustredie 1

The chapel, built in 1776, is located by the main road in the center of the village. According to historical records, the doors of the chapel were rarely closed, allowing the faithful to enter at any time to pay their respects to the Virgin Mary.

Date of construction: 1776
Patronage: Our Lady of Frýdek (?)
Location: Vysoká nad Kysucou, Ústredie, GPS: 49.3786256N, 18.5422428E
Material: stone, brick, wood, sheet metal
Altar/Statue: There is no altar in the chapel, only a stone mensa, on which stands a statue of Our Lady.
Founder: Katarína Beloňová, her sons, and other parishioners

Consecrator: It was originally likely consecrated by the parish priest of Vysoká nad KYsucou, Ján Baptista Finsterwalter. After renovation on August 15, 2007, it was reconsecrated by Peter Hrenák, the parish priest of Vysoká nad Kysucou.

Dimensions: not measured

Description: The structure has a rectangular layout, representing a simple chapel. It is located by the main road, approximately 300 meters from the parish building, oriented north-south (entrance to the north, altar niche to the south). The chapel is lit by two windows, one on the eastern and one on the western side. The windows have wooden interior sills and metal exterior ones. The ceiling is flat, covered with wooden boards. Inside, on the southern side, there is a stone altar mensa, with a wooden board on top, holding a statue of Our Lady (it is likely a representation of Our Lady of Frýdek). Behind the statue, in the southern wall, there is a niche, probably originally meant to house the statue. The figure of Our Lady stands on a crescent moon, holding a gilded scepter in her right hand and the infant Jesus in her left, who holds a blue royal orb with a golden band and cross on his lap. Both are adorned with royal crowns, and above Our Lady’s head is a halo with twelve stars. Our Lady is dressed in a red gown with a blue cloak. The interior is painted a soft yellow with no additional decoration, the niche is white.

The doors are protected by an artistically crafted double-leaf metal gate, with a cross in the center of each leaf. The wooden double doors have glass panels at the top. The chapel has an unusual roof, without a tower, covered with red sheet metal. The gable is covered with wooden slats. At the top of the roof is a metal cross with the Greek letter X (Chi) – Christos.

Bell: there is no bell in the chapel.

Surroundings: The chapel is located by the main road on the left when heading from the center to Makov, near a railway crossing. There are residential houses beside and behind the chapel.
Renovations:

1794 – new roof, new plaster, and interior painting

2007 – a complete renovation that began on June 4, 2007. The roof was renewed (crafted by masters Jozef Čerňan, Anton Jančík, and Viliam Jančík), as well as the interior, exterior facade, and the restoration of the statue of Our Lady.

2024

Masses or worships (for which feast, regularly/irregularly): annual mass

Other information: The chapel was built from the donations of widow Katarína Beloňová, her sons, who contributed 12 gold coins, and other parishioners, who donated 28 gold coins. It was constructed from stone and white clay. According to historical records, the doors of the chapel were rarely closed, so that the faithful could come at any time to pay homage to Our Lady.

Text by: Mgr. Drahomír Velička, PhD.
Photos by: Štefan Strýček
(before recentruction in 2024)

Map:

Photo Gallery: 

Implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Tourism and Sport of the Slovak Republic.

logo ministerstvo cr

webdesign CB Media, s.r.o.